Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ups and Downs of an Orphanage Drama Project

It's been quite a journey since we started this project.

The plan of this project was simple -

... We would use a ready-made drama written by a friend of mine called A.

... Our kids from different Homes would be the supporting cast.

... The main cast would be supplied by A, as they have performed the drama before.

... We would have a Boot Camp a week before the performance to practise the different scenes for the drama.

... Meanwhile, we would provide dance and music classes for the kids from the Homes so that they could perform their little back-up pieces in the drama.


Simple? Not when you're working with orphanage kids!

So far we have had -

... 2 kids kicked out from two Homes

... 2 kids who were threatened to be kicked out but who made it through (phew!)

... 1 kid who was supposed to go home, but didn't make it home :(

... 1 of the Homes called up to say that because of something-something-something, therefore they would no longer allow BOTH boys and girls to participate; I had to choose one or the other!

... My friend A pulled out of the project just before CNY


It reached a point where frankly, you couldn't startle me anymore! I was beyond being shocked or freaked out by anything... I was too tired!

But one thing God did - He surrounded me during this time with men and women of God who stood up to be counted - who said they would be there and shoulder the burden with me. And they did....

And friends who weren't able to participate, gave their verbal support and encouragement when I was weary from the journey....

For all these things, thank You, God. You never let me forget - this project is in Your hands.

And a big thank you to all my friends who stood by me and are standing by me and for all your support... You guys have refreshed me and strengthened me. Love u too!

No comments:

Post a Comment