Monday, January 25, 2010

The forgiveness shown...

I was pretty angry when I drove home last night. Had gone out to do something which I thought I was supposed to do, only to receive an SMS after I'd arrived at the place to say that I didn't have to.

I guess it was just a build-up of stuff, but I was furiously ranting to myself about being taken for granted, and having had quite enough of it, thank you, and blah blah blah...

I still hadn't calmed down by bedtime, and was lying awake still grumbling to myself. But somehow this song came to me.... "And the depths of love/ the forgiveness shown/ to be called a child of God"

In the perspective, in the light, of the great wonder of being forgiven by God for all the wrong things I'd done, the little things that had added up to my cross-ness and unforgiveness seemed so small.

I can't honestly state that I went to sleep and woke up in an angelic frame of mind, but it calmed me enough to let me sleep, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment