Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New RAD AF class

Yesterday I tried out a new Advanced Foundation class. I'm still waiting to hear back from the teacher whether or not she'll accept me as a student.

The usual hiccups from learning from two different schools - different steps in the same exercise. I've ordered the RAD Advanced Foundation DVD so that I won't be confused by these two different styles.

I got a bit of a shock at two of my classmates who are white girls, though. The one other student in class who was Chinese was like me - a bit tubby, but we've both learnt to pull ourselves up so straight, you would think we have boards in our stomachs and backs.

These two ang moh girls? Goodness, they were STICK thin! And I mean stick! We used to have very thin girls in my church like Faith and Caroline. Trust me, these girls were way, way thinner than them.

I definitely need to work on my hip joint - it's so tight that when I do a front developpes, anything above 90 degrees and my hip starts going up with my leg (definite no-no in the ballet!) But whenever I start a new class anywhere, I give thanks to God because of my feet. I may be the lousiest student in the class (I usually am pretty bad compared to girls of my standard) but I still have beautiful feet that are a gift from God.

I feel such freedom when I go for a dance class. I don't know why. I mean, ballet is something so tough, that you can end up in tears after trying for twenty minutes just to do a simple double pirouette without falling off to one side. But just for that one hour, I feel as if perfection has opened up to me.

I love the fact that I can try my very hardest (or not!) and it's all my own choice.

The other day I told God, He has given me this beautiful gift called dance, I want to give it back to Him. I'm so blessed to have this special thing that I can hold and play and just enjoy and cherish... and I want to use all I have learnt to glorify Him someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment