Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Grieve gently...

That was such a beautiful phrase I read in a book... 'grieve gently'.

Within one week, I attended two funerals... one, my cousin-in-law's dad. Another, which was more shocking, a friend's mom. Shocking, because my friend is like... mid-twenties at most? So, so too young to lose a mom...

Funerals make you sad and cry even when you don't know the people involved... and I actually never met either of these parents who passed away! I just knew their beautiful children and from them, I could see, the parents must be beautiful too... because there is so much love abounding in the family and because the children reflected the lovely facets of the parents.

Sigh... it is so sad to see the children cry... I thank God they have the wonderful reassurance that their parents are in Heaven with Jesus. What a wonderful promise we have in God... that when we die, we'll go to Heaven and Jesus promised, "I go to prepare a place for you. In My Father's house, there are many mansions."

I think it's just the knowledge that we WILL meet again that means so much....

No comments:

Post a Comment