Thursday, October 28, 2010

EA Team

Heavy-hearted for Shufen today. Our spunky gal has gone through a lot recently. But through the tougher times she has been through lately, Shufen has never once taken out her struggles and unhappiness on us as a team. She's just been the bouncy gal she always is, faithfully churning out the brightly-coloured advertisements we need for our work.

This team still continues to amaze me. Something which I saw yesterday in just the silly way in which some of us were taking Myers-Briggs tests and posting it on our FB pages, is just the way we've grown close as a team and the way we support and encourage each other.

I'm so glad that we are a stronger team as we prepare for the ascent up to West Bengal as we will need each other's strong support on our two-week journey. I'm glad that I know that I know that I KNOW, we will be there for each other.

These are the things I've seen in our beautiful team lately...

I see Angel, faithfully churning out cookies and cookie batter to earn funds for the team, even though our sweet girl is not going on the trip herself...

I see Thomas, running all over the place to collect and deliver cookies! reminding us at interim moments to support and help each other. I see him caring whether or not the youths are warm enough and finding items that we need...

I see Nick, also not going on the trip, but never failing to seek out the info that we need and to continue to contribute totally to the team - even presenting at O'Leary's! - even through his own disappointment about not going himself because of a new job...

I see Phi Fern, continue to cheer us up with her jokes and humour, and covering every detail of her work as local liaison so carefully. Phi Fern says she is haphazard :>, but I've seen such clarity and precision in her work; that shows how much she cares...

I see Sophia, bravely fighting her way through every obstacle in fund-raising, and yet never murmuring or complaining to us so we never knew how hard she has to work to produce the activity! She gives all her heart to her endeavours...

I see David, juggling three different equally important things (oops, 4, if you count CV as well!), and giving his best to each one and never giving EA second best with the great programmes he comes up with just because it is volunteer work...

I see Lin Lin, stepping up to leadership and tying every loose end together with tons of heavy work so quietly and steadily that you don't notice until it suddenly dawns on you how easy the paths have suddenly become...

I see Wendy, for whom this new endeavour can't be easy when she is new to this kind of task, staying up late past midnight to fulfil her new duties as corporate liaison...

I see Calvin, quietly getting many things done, absorbing so much and never letting on how much he does, even if no one else notices...

And I see Serene, with changes flying all over her, yet continuing to smile and encourage the team and stepping up to always be the first to get her things done (like movie advertising on FB!).

It's a strong team individually, and an amazing team together. Together, I believe we can make the difference in the lives of others that we set out to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment