Friday, November 12, 2010

The God I KNOW

I was thinking about Joshua and Caleb this morning... about how all the people of Israel who came out of Egypt did not make it into the Promised Land except them.

What stopped the others from entering? I believe that it's simply because they did not KNOW their God. They looked at the situation - big, huge men and thick strong walls - and said, "Oh, we can't do this in our own strength."

They forgot that it is not them but God who would give them the city!

I looked at Numbers 14 and I was struck by these words that God spoke, "How long will these people treat me with contempt? How long will they refuse to believe in me, in spite of all the signs I have performed among them?"

And God said, "But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it."

What was that different spirit, Caleb had? A simple difference - he KNEW his God.

I believe that that knowing came from spending much time with God, just getting to know Him for who He is... and that rose a spirit within him that could face the giants in the land - the Amelekites.

Recently I bought this CD from City Harvest Church, and out of all of the songs, this is my favourite - The God I KNOW...

THE GOD I KNOW
KC Gan / City Harvest Church
When the stage is bare tonight
There's no one else
Just You and me
When the curtains close behind
There's no pretense
I'm on my knees

(pre chorus)
I will lay down my life
For the love sacrifice
You gave to me
It's all because of You
All because of You

Chorus:
The God I know
Righteous and Holy
The God I know
Faithful and true
The God I know
My tower of refuge
Hearts are healed
Christ revealed

The God I know
Light of the City
The God I know
Strengthens the weak
The God I know
Your heart beats within me
As You are, so are we

(bridge)
This is my cry
My one desire
More of You
More of You

(last chorus)
The church He knows
Righteous and Holy
The church He knows
Is faithful and true
The church He knows
A tower of refuge
Hearts are healed
Christ revealed

The church He knows
Light of this city
The church He knows
Strengthens the weak
The church He knows
Is strong and mighty
As He is, so are we

But the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits. Dan 11:32b

No comments:

Post a Comment