Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Have A Dream

I have a dream.

I dream that there will arise a generation of young people in the world who will choose to live lives of justice, righteousness and service.

I dream that this generation will rise up to say, "I denounce corruption. I believe in change." and will strive with all their hearts, minds and bodies to make that change become reality.

I dream that this generation will look at the messed-up families of their backgrounds and will say, "The family that I will create with my husband/ wife will be different. My children will not suffer what I have suffered because I will not pass down the same mistakes of my parents." And they will have the strength of will to do so.

I dream that this generation will not keep their heads tied to their office desks, working to eke out a living that is just for themselves, but they will ask themselves, "How can I make a difference in someone else's life? How can I ensure that what I do will impact the world so that others around me will receive the opportunities, the chances, the amenities that I take for granted so that poverty can be eradicated in my generation?"

People may say that I am a dreamer. But I believe it is possible.

And when I look around at the young people of today, I see so much that tells me this dream can come true - in THIS generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment