Friday, February 11, 2011

Love Never Fails

"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.8 Love never fails." 1 Cor 13:4-8a

Have you ever done this in your own churches - Taken 1 Cor 13:4-8 and replaced the word 'Love' with your own name? It's fun because then the verse will read, "A is patient, A is kind." etc. etc.!

We did it once in my church... and it made me smile. It gave me a whole new revelation of this verse.

One of my friends, Shiou Hwa, FB'd today to say that she had left her phone behind. I jokingly commented that it was okay; she could use FB instead!

But she said she needed her phone because she had to send an encouraging message to someone.

You know, that is so like SH. Whenever I get tired of 'being a friend' to people, I always think back to SH's example. If ever you want to see Love worked out, you'll see it in SH's life.

She will send encouraging SMS's in the morning before work.

She will leave little comments on your FB posts to remind you you are loved and supported, especially when you're going thru a rough time.

She will give in little ways like lending winter clothes for EA.

She will be a rock that you know you can turn to when you're forgotten the Rock, and she'll point you back to Him.

I asked her today if she ever gets tired of being such a friend. Her reply reminded me of my own... It made me laugh - in amusement at how similar our struggles were, and for joy that someone else understood.

It is hard to be a good friend sometimes. But Love Never Fails...

Jesus = Love = Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment