Thursday, March 24, 2011

I am DEAF

I was sad and a little angry to read this on my friend's status on FB:-

"this stupid SMRT staff @ Bishan MRT Station shouted loudly at me behind. People turned around, prompting me to turn around and find myself being scolded! it feels not good to be DEAF :("

When one of his friends wrote back, "What did you allegedly do?"

He replied, "how would I know? if I can hear, I m interested to hear what he saying."

This is not the first time I have heard or seen things like this.

I have even told friends, when someone is driving or riding a motorcycle and doesn't respond to your yells or honks, realise that the person may be Deaf, because I realise they do not know.

Whereupon sometimes my friends will ask, "Deaf people ride motorcycles?!"

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment