Monday, April 11, 2011

Don't know where...

... to start! So much has been happening...

It has been a tough few weeks because of some difficulties that arose that I could not blog about.

I had a wonderful weekend in Singapore to make up for it, though.

I think that volunteering is sometimes the highest form of 'giving'... It is the one time that a person lays aside himself and thoughts of himself and thinks, "How can I be of service to you?" instead.

But you know something... the rewards you receive, are so boundless.

I have pockets of rewards... beautiful moments that make everything so worth it.

A week back, I took the RACTAR girls out under the Journey Continues program for what was a games and planning session. It never fails to touch me the way they eagerly come up with smiles and big hugs, even the one or two who normally shy away from hugs.

And nothing touched me more than seeing Z, who has left after Form 5 but came back to learn sewing skills, peer out from the workshop section and giving me a big smile and frantic waves :>.

Yesterday, I was at Ministry of Vision - CampVision's dance and drama project's concert. And I was so, so touched when....

... N said, "Oh my god!" when she saw me and rose up from where she was sitting and came over to give me a big hug! I got to spend a few minutes talking with her about her fears and nervousness. The love and acceptance I receive from N is always so precious because she is so reserved and quiet.

... H came over to introduce me to a friend of his and said, "She's the best like the best like the best..." I was so, so touched. Beautiful H, how precious a friend you are to me too. You have been such a great blessing, and no one could ever tell behind that beautiful smile of yours, the struggles you have overcome.

... J came over and talked about how moved she was by the performance and seeing the lives that CampVision has transformed. I don't even have words to describe the feeling myself of seeing the youths glow for that one hour.

... Seeing S stand by N during the awards ceremony. And H stand with U! In the absence of family, we have grown to be 'family' for one another.

My heart is so full. Somedays, there are no words... only smiles and tears slipping from a grateful heart. How beautiful moments can be.

I truly learnt these past few weeks ...

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

God, thank you so very much for the moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment