Monday, January 9, 2012

WOW Day LP150

We visited Happiness Centre in Klebang, Melaka yesterday. LP150 raised more than RM70,000 for the mentally and physically handicapped residents of the Centre.

It's been such a long time since I've volunteered with people with cerebral palsy and Down's... I decided to focus because I couldn't manage with that many volunteer stints. I guess that's why it touched my heart so much, I was moved to tears.

It takes me visiting these beautiful people to realise afresh how very fortunate I am... And how many opportunities are available to me that just aren't to so many people. And if they are, what am I doing with them?

I'm afraid of running towards my goals... But the truth is, I am so lucky to have the choice to do so. And if I am lucky, then I owe it to the rest of the world to make full use of what I have been given.




No comments:

Post a Comment