Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rose-Coloured Glasses

Do I see people through rose-coloured glasses? Do I see things as better as they are?

It's funny, isn't it? Real wake-up call today when somebody pointed out that someone else is really lying. Well, the person didn't use the word 'lie', but let's be more point-blank, shall we?

I don't know... I had that experience earlier when everything seemed fine to me and then... Disaster strikes. And I wonder, how did I miss it? What did I not see?

Aren't I supposed to be the suspicious one? Haven't they all been telling me to trust and believe and all the rest of it? I find it sad that when I do, I find more reasons for failure than I do for success... More reason to STOP believing and trusting, than to continue.

I'm disappointed... I honestly am. And I think it's time I wake up to ugliness and stop believing in beauty. And maybe stop believing in giving and loving and caring and all the things that I believe in. It's a really ugly world, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment