Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Full circle

One of the things that I wanted to do when I was in London was to visit a centre called One in Four. Dr. Goh from Help Uni recommended me to go visit them when I shared in class my dream of setting up a Centre for abused kids.

I felt so, so nervous the night before I went... It felt as if my dream was too scarily close! So I got there... and waited... and waited... My appointment was at 9a.m., but nobody was there and nobody was picking up the phone either. I panicked thinking I had the wrong place, but the sign on the door said 'One in Four' so I stayed.

Finally at 9:45a.m. a lady came up adn started opening the door and I ran up to her. Turns out Linda forgot our appointment :> but she was ever so nice and gracious and invited me in.

The whole place was so warm and cozy and welcoming... They had a proper office, and 3 counselling rooms done up to look like living rooms. And in the corner, there were toys! My eyes brightened as it looked as if they counselled children as well.

We had a chat, and Linda discussed with me starting a branch of One in Four in Malaysia. She recommended me someone that she knew in Malaysia who knew how One in Four works as she had been volunteering with them - a lady called C.

She had another appointment, so we had to rush the discussion, and she promised to put me and C in touch thru email.

Yesterday, I finally got in touch with C. Guess what? She was formerly a country manager in AsiaWorks >.< Can't believe it! No wonder Linda described her as a 'real go-getter'.

Anyway, going to meet up with her tomorrow.

It's funny, I closed my eyes just now and just saw myself heading on this express-train push towards my dream... and what I saw, was myself breaking my board.

It feels just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment