Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Solid plans

Can't sleep yet... Mind is too full thinking, worrying (a bit!), planning...

Going back tomorrow - cutting short hols - to be with the orphanage kids attending a show for free tomorrow. Sponsoring bus transport for one of the excellent organizations that really helps underprivileged kids in a poor neighbourhood to attend the show.

Also, the dance class fees for two special girls whom I'm sponsoring has gone up to about RM500+ a month as they continue on further in their training... In my heart I truly believe that God has a very special role for them as they are both passionate in serving God in dance.

Sponsorship fees for my two girls in the Philippines has also increased to accommodate the college expenses of the older girl.

One of the girls in the YLD programme needs sponsorship for living expenses as she does a vocational course.

The Dana Belia funds have finished... And from here on we give the kids in AV what we can and seek for funds.

I've been wondering what to do next year. I've just newly linked up with PS The Children and been accepted as a volunteer... Finally on the journey towards my dream of serving children and teens who've been sexually abused. But I confess, I'm wondering where to slot them in!

I'm supposed to continue my Masters in Counselling next year... more expense and a lot of time. I'm supposed to apply for audit licence with all the studying that entails. I have one more exam to complete in tax. I'm definitely quitting AW Foundation... Whilst I love the work, I can't give 100% anymore, and I'll never serve somewhere I don't give 100% in. This is not including work!!

I feel like pulling back from some of the volunteer work and start focusing on my own work, because I see how important jobs are and how many I can help by just offering them work, and also focussing on setting up small businesses that those who are not highly qualified, especially my kids, can work.

Now which do I give up, and how?

No comments:

Post a Comment