Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sheer crackers!

I am literally going crackers this end of December! What on earth is going on that all the storms are blowing in?

First, it was exams... Just nothing else but cramming and exams whilst trying to manage camp as well.

Then, it was a slightly maverick volunteer, whom we'd chucked out earlier, trying to 'prove' himself (as far as we can tell!) in another program and going way too far!

After that it was full steam ahead for camp with 2 more volunteers pulling out last minute, one because she didn't realise camp was still on (>.<!!) and had health issues, another because of college open day! (>.<!!!!!!!).

And the day before camp, I host our family Christmas party with extended family on my dad's side... and race to hospital in the wee hours of the morning because my oldest uncle who came to KL specially for the party, had a heart attack.

Then camp where I was once again, discipline person (my favourite position... NOT!!!!!). And trouble in the form of a friend's son - A. From Day 1 to Day 4, the only complaints in camp were all about A, A, A... So much so, I had to babysit him and follow him around like a hound dog. All because A was extremely unhappy about being sent to camp against his wishes. Extra guilt on my part for inviting him to camp just because I felt sorry for him and thought he needed more interaction and fun with youths of his own age. My error.

Ran games (short argument with new volunteer who couldn't understand why we 'force' youths to do activities and why we 'make things so difficult for them), ran session, and end of camp... time to go home, with a tummy bug picked up from camp (and still not over).

Went home and lots to take care on mom's side.  At least happy she'll let me take care of things!

Then back to KL where... volunteer no. 2 who skipped camp because of college open day and who borrowed RM2K from me to attend AW Basic and promised to pay it back by working in our secretarial firm .... emails his supervisor to say he is going to take the day off for his college student council meeting (>.<!!!!!!!!!!) and is not planning to come back to work anymore!!

I swear, the gods are out to get me this month!!!!!!! Rant rant rant!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment