Friday, January 11, 2013

I feel validated

Woke up at the ungodly hour of 2a.m. to a joyful *BARK!* from my sis' dog... *sigh*. I have little sleep nowadays because that canine sleeps the whole day and spends the night begging for 'play time please, Auntie Gillian!'

It wasn't a bad thing, as I wanted to catch my favourite TV series anyway, and here's the thing about me - if I wake up in the middle of the night, it takes a couple of hours minimum to go back to sleep.

So I woke up and turned on the TV. Funny twist in the show this time... A lady whose character I don't particulary like (too paranoid!) was acting as the victim of an assault.

For the first time ever, I heard someone else say, "** was too heavy... I couldn't move."

It felt validating to hear someone say that... Nobody I know has said the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment