Friday, July 12, 2013

Don't make your career your life

'When people come to me and say, "I want to be just like you; the only thing I want in life is to sing," I tell them this: "Please don't make your career your life." Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that.' Celine Dion

This resonated with me today. The work I do is so much a part of my life... And I realise that it's not 'balanced' if everything in my life is about one passion. It burns me out and I don't want the youths learning that it is okay to burn out by being totally leant on to the giving side... Because that is such a wrong message. It's basically suicide.

Life is so much more than that. I'm enjoying myself exploring the other parts that make me me. I'm enjoying coming alive and living each day with so much joy because I taste each day now. I want more. Because the way to inspire someone to live their life with love and passion, is to live my own life with love and passion. It is just that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment