Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wisdom please!

What a day... So much is happening, I feel somewhat overwhelmed...

The Agape Vision committee met up yesterday and unanimously agreed that they are happy and excited about the transit home. Even Samantha came! So Avis and Jason will take a second look at the little apartment we've found, and if they agree too, we're taking it up next month and paying the deposit today! It feels so soon for us to start the transit home!

Kim Lang emailed today to say that I can come and volunteer at Dayspring in 2014 if I want... She is really kind and generous to allow it. But I said that I was waiting to hear if I've been accepted for the full-time option in the Masters in Counselling in 2014, so could she let me come in 2015 instead. I do wonder if I'm procrastinating, but another factor influencing me is that I want to ensure the transit home is secure before I leave for Singapore.

I was so incensed yesterday to find out from DE that the reason why nothing has happened with HH is because the Welfare Department lost his file!! That's crazy! No wonder he was never rescued. I wonder how he is... There is no follow-up at all. I don't know if he is safe, and nobody seems to care.

And today, I finally called M who was recommended to me by Haslinda. I told her about PS The Children's great Keeping Me Safe programme. She was like, "Yes yes! I need it for our children!" and then she told me about one of her girls whom they suspect from her behaviour has been sexually abused. M had no idea who to call or what to do... I thank God we were put together by Haslinda at the right time. I immediately called T at PSTC... Thank God for people who have the hearts to make a difference immediately!

Now looking at placement of a lonely, 'delinquent' kid for a friend.

I feel drained right now... I can only surrender everything to God and pray that in this whole mess, His will will prevail.

P.S. We got our transit home :) It will be great once it's done up! As for the 'delinquent' kid, Shelter promptly replied to ask for more details! <3 Homes like these RAWK!! and restore my faith in people who care!

No comments:

Post a Comment